There are little eating habits that you can include in your diet that can help keep your teeth healthy and cavity free.
Our dental team wants you to know that brushing and flossing are not the only ways to help prevent tooth decay and cavities
Here are just a few:
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables: Fruits and veggies do a lot for your body. They help maintain your health not only in your body, but in your teeth too.
- Eat sugar-free candy: It contains that same sweetener as sugar-less gum, xylitol, which helps prevent cavities from forming.
- Chew sugar-less gum: Chewing gum may not be so bad after all. Sugar-less gum contains xylitol, a sugar substitute that is an effective cavity fighter.
- Include wine and raisins in your diet: A study suggests that an individual chemical component in wine and raisins actively fights the bacteria that causes tooth decay and cavities. Just don’t drink too much wine.
- Include dairy in your diet: According to researchers, proteins in dairy products, such as cheese and milk, have a protective property that could help keep teeth healthy.
We offer fun ways to encourage kids to brush, click here to get your child’s personalized tooth brushing chart
Stay tuned for our next blog on the Top 9 Foods That Can Damage Your Teeth